Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why I’m Not Photographer (but I am an All Time Low FANgirl)


So, some of you may know, ALL TIME LOW is one of my favorite bands and I went to see them perform Monday night at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD. Actually, while I was there, I was trying to think of my top 5 favorite bands since I thought ALL TIME LOW was in my top 5 and I could only think of 4. So, ATL is in the top 4. LOL. And what I mean by “favorite bands” is that 1. I own more than one record (Album, CD or whatever, or possibly ALL their records), 2. I could listen to them almost ANY TIME (because some music I have to be in the mood for), 3. I have or want their autographs, and 4. I CURRENTLY listen to them A LOT! (Because some bands I do love, and have all their stuff, but I haven’t listened to them in a long while.) An example of a great band I haven’t listened to in a while is Barenaked Ladies.

So top 4? All Time Low, Evanescence, Maroon 5, Hawk Nelson… I LOVE these bands!

Anyway... All Time Low was at the Fillmore! And these are the photos I took:



 
As you can see, they are blurry. You (or I) could blame the camera in my phone, but I have used awesome cameras and my pictures always turn out blurry.


 I suck taking pictures, that’s all there is to it. However, I did have a blast. One of the highlights was after one of the band members (Jack) went through the crowd, he comes back up on stage and says to the lead singer (Alex) “I just saw our 9th grade Biology teacher.” To which Alex is shocked and amazed and STOKED up even more and invites said teacher on stage. This was so awesome. What I thought it spoke to the genuine good nature of these young men. They are just fun! They were playing in their hometown and enjoying it. I like it when bands are personable and real. I think stardom, fame, and fortune can take a normally great guy (or gal) and turn them into a self-obsessed jerk, and I hope that it doesn’t happen to the guys in All Time Low. Right now, they are terrific. They are just having fun and enjoying life. (At least that is the impression that I got from being at the concert on Monday.)

(I like the blue one because one band member (Jack) points to it and says, "As you can see, we are FUCK from Maryland." Of course then someone else commented that it didn't matter because the whole world knows who they are. HAHA. awesome :)


Another really ironic story is that of ALL the people in MD that could have been at the concert, a guy in my English class tells me, "yeah, I was there." I was like, "WHAT?? No way!!!!" So weird. There are 6 people in my class. What are the odds that two of us are at the same concert? Yes, ATL is from the Baltimore area, but statistically the odds are slim that 2/6 in my class would go to the same show. HAHA. So funny. And (student's name), if you stalked me online and read this, leave a comment! LOL




The Fillmore is a fabulous venue. I will definitely have to have my “imaginary band” stop there for a show. “Band Name” in the book Road Trip Recipes, (Title still in the works) ours our country. I will try to make that experience real for the reader. I love rocker books and I WILL write one of my own. I have characters already planned and back stories etc. I even wrote 1800 words Tuesday morning after I woke up with an adrenaline high from the concert. I was still hearing songs in my head form the night before. Do you think I liked the concert?? Haha. LOVED IT!!!

Another highlight was hearing Weightless performed live. Totally RAD!!! As some of you MAY know, “Weightless” is like a personal theme-song of mine. I blogged about that. HERE!!! I still believe it. I think 2013 IS my year. My life has turned around drastically. YES, there are still changes I’d like to see. (A supportive husband would be one.) But over all it’s great. I have to think hard to remember a time where I felt like I could be more of myself than now. NOW, this year, I have embraced who I am and attempted to throw off chains of fear like never before. It is scary, but I have to be me. I’m tired of hiding.

I am also enjoying some small success of JOCK and I hope some more good things are on horizon for Cole and Ellis! The Cost of Loving was released. (finally) And I am near completion of another novel, which I will submit soon. In the beginning of the year I had hoped to have 2 books release in 2013, but 2 contracts in the same year would still be wonderful. PLUS, I have started several manuscripts this year so there is no reason why 2014 can’t be even more successful for my writing career. So, yeah, I am loving life and pressing forward and doing all I can to WRITE.

There is another All Time Low song that I’ve been identifying with. “The Restless and the Brave” off their newest CD Don’t Panic.

Looking out at a town called Suburbia
Everybody's just fighting to fit in
Little rats running mazes, having babies
It's a vicious little world that we live in
Looking back at a life on the other side
I realize that I didn't fit in
Didn't hate it but I didn't quite relate it
To my precious little world

So long live the reckless and the brave
I don't think I want to be saved
My song has not been sung

And long live the fast times, so come what may
I don't think I'll ever be saved
Our song has not been sung
Long live us

Breaking out of a town called Suburbia
I remember everybody always saying
"Little brat, must be crazy, never make it
In our vicious little world"
Still I'm leaving
Got a van, got a chance, got my dignity
Got a dream, got a spark, got somewhere to be
Take a breath, say goodbye
To their precious little world
(And say goodbye to me)

So long live the reckless and the brave
I don't think I want to be saved
My song has not been sung

I tend to take the lyrics and apply them to ME in various ways. I am liking this song because I see it as a pressing forward of someone determined to take a hold of his/her dreams. He sings, “My song has not been sung.” Well, technically it has. ATL has sung songs. They made records. But I like the metaphorical sense of  the singer “Not being finished yet.” He is just setting out, breaking out, of restraints of childhood/young adulthood, and is taking a hold of his dream. The singer is breaking out of suburbia, and “got a dream, got a spark, got somewhere to be,” so he’s going for it! Not that he hated his life, but he feels (or I take it this way) that there was more out there in the world beyond his life in his hometown. Do you follow me?

So I relate it to me. Am I leaving my home town? Well, no! I have a family, a house, dogs, etc. and I am not skipping out on my children! Nope, not me. BUT, I am breaking out of these chains of conformity. I am reaching for my dreams. I am taking a hold of the creative author inside my head and writing the stories I feel need to be told. I am breaking beyond these walls of my house, my county, my state, and reaching the world through the Internet. (Gotta love the internet!) I write, I e-mail the MS, Dreamspinner (although in TX & FL and everywhere) does what they do and voila! You have a novel published and I didn’t have to leave my house. AWESOME!!

And, to add to the excitement of 2013, I AM LEAVING my house in a week and going to Atlanta, Georgia!! WOW, Crazy. Never thought I’d do that. I will be meeting what are now “virtual” people on the Internet and incorporating them into my life as real live friends, friends I can hug and touch and hear their laughter. This is simply wonderful.

So yes, 2013 is my year. I do, in a sense, feel weightless. Thank you All Time Low for being a musical inspiration in my life. And thank you my wonderful fans for love, support, and encouragement!

Wade


(btw, my blog says it has 13234 page views. That’s good, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment