Monday, November 25, 2013

I got Nothin'

Nothing much going on around here. I'm still waiting to hear back about Names Can Never Hurt Me. It's been 3 weeks. (Remember it can take up to 8 to hear back.) The wait is nagging, but I'm also very busy so that helps. Last night I was really missing my guys from NAMES. I have this tendency to change things and "edit" whenever I reread a story, and since this one is still in limbo I am trying to resist reading it so I don't change something. There will be time for editing once I get a "yay" or "nay". But I miss them. I miss Nick and his silly stupid ways of thinking. I miss RC and his tenderness toward Nick. I miss Corey and his flirty flamboyance. I think I even miss Marcy's annoying neediness. Come on already with a word. I want to read the manuscript with purpose.

In the meantime I have loads to do. I am currently working on a research project for English class. That is due next Monday. I am doing a power point presentation. I think it's the first time I've done one of them so FUN. I need to collect more info and write a bibliography. Do you know how long it has been since I've written a bibliography? Like ions.

I am also currently writing Misplaced Affection. (The one I started because of an English assignment on describing a painting.) It is now sitting at 19,000 words. I wish I had done more so far. I was striving to keep up with NaNoWriMo, but in order to do that I am supposed to have over 41k. I have far too few minutes to write during the week I think. Sadly. However, I am writing on a more consistent basis and I am happy that I have this much. I am going to continue to write as often as I can and maybe this one will be complete in Dec or Jan. (Jan more likely.) Since NAMES took over a year to write, I think that if I have this one done in 3-4 months then that is pretty good. When did I start it? October something? I'll have to look that one up.

I wrote another piece for English due today. I showed the teacher last week to see if it was appropriate for class. She read it while we took a test and she cried. I MADE THE TEACHER CRY! I would share the bit I wrote, but it is in Misplaced Affection. I don't want to spoil it. It is very touching, although short, and comes later in the story so I will not give it away here. But know that it made my teacher cry!!!

My hunt for a character name is over. I settled on Flynn. I like it. It fits the character. Now I'm having difficulties finding last names. LOL. I guess I need a phone book directory.

This week is THANKSGIVING. What are you thankful for? I may or may not blog again this week. If I don't, I hope you all have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Ciao for now,

Wade

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you and your family have an awesome one.

    Sounds like English is going well for you. That's awesome. :) I don't know that I could even put together a bibliography. I think it would be very different if I went back to school.

    I have to say, I entered in NaNo and I'm at 18k or so. I had to stop writing since I got so behind in my reading. LOL I must admit, doing this gave me much respect for writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :D

      English IS going well. I am enjoying it, but we only have 2 more classes and the final. :(

      Writing takes discipline. I will tell you that much. I don't know how some people do it. I have so much going on that focusing long enough to write often doesn't happen.

      Delete