Friday, December 20, 2013

Mini Tour of the USA

Howdy. Now that my mind is clearing I thought I'd write a short blog about where I will be traveling this coming year in case any of you 100 adoring fans would like to say HI. (Or hug me, or get a book signed.) I was looking at my calendar and trying to organize my time, hotels, conference costs etc. I had no idea that I would have to plan so far in advance for things. Hopefully this learning experience will help me to better plan for 2015.

So far, this is what I have planned:

MARCH - We have the RAINBOW BOOK FAIR in New York. Who doesn't love New York?


I am listed on the RBF exhibitors' page HERE. I'll be in NY for the weekend so if you are around, please stop by. You can message me on Facebook and I get the PM on my phone. PLEASE, stop by and give me a hug! ;)


APRIL - RainbowCon in TAMPA…. Hmmm, I am still thinking about this one mainly because I lack the finances. However, I DID put it on my calendar!


What I PLAN to do is access the situation after I get paid in January. I can probably afford the conference and the hotel (maybe), but I also have to figure in airfare. So, fingers crossed I can do this one too. AND, if I can swing it, keep your fingers crossed that there is still space for me as an author. And if I am in Tampa, how close to Sarasota is that?


MAY - HUGE ONE…. I'm going to RT Booklovers Convention in New Orleans. Oh wow, I'm going to New Orleans! That is so cool. This is a MAJORLY huge conference with LOADS of people, but a small minority are readers of M/M romance. This is general romance with a growing contingent of M/M authors. Hopefully those of us who are going will continue to influence the larger romance reader section for the better :p


RT will be a lot of fun, but I think this is the one where I all feel very out of place around a very large amount of authors I'v never heard of. I don't normally read straight romance. I have only heard of E.L. James, Nora Roberts, and Joanna Lindsey. I don't even know if those ladies will be there, I only know they are the only ones I can name off the top of my head. And I haven't read anything by any of them except 50 Shades of Grey. But, it's ok. I'm still going. And I am donating a basket of goodies to be raffled off (or something). Maybe one lucky winner will win My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! and discover how awesome M/M romance is! I can only hope.


OCTOBER - and we are back full circle to the conference that kicked it all off… GRL!!!! I plan to be in Chicago in October. As far as I remember, registration ant fast and hotel was hard to get, etc. so I need to think ahead on this one. I need to be ready. Why? BECAUSE I NEED TO GO!!! lol.


I made a lot of wonderful friends besides the fact that I got to MEET friends I already had in person and HUG THEM!!! (I'm a hugger and a cryer, fyi.) So as soon as registration is open you can bet I will be on it.

I will update you all on the conference situation next year sometime when I have my reservations made etc. I am registered for the Rainbow Book Fair already. (Hotel and conference.) As well as RTcon. Rainbow Con I have to wait until January and GRL isn't up and running yet….

Let me know if you'll be at any of these venues I'd love to see you. These are my plans. I wish I could say I had a new release scheduled for March, April, or May, but I don't :( I have one that will probably happen in July. Names Can Never Hurt Me was accepted!!! At least I can say that! What would be nice is if I had a couple more submissions by March, April and May… Right?!??! Fingers Crossed.

I guess that is all for now.

Hugs to you all.

~Wade

And don't forget to pray for Eric and TJ as they go through this scary time. Pray for wisdom for the doctors. In order to help, they need to know what to do.

*And also for my friend Lena whose mom is VERY ill. :( Hugs to you sweet lady.


4 comments:

  1. I have to say that I haven't read many het romances and the ones that I have, they were mostly historical romances.

    Love the list of conventions. My goal is to attend one, but that will probably happen after my teen graduates high school. At least until then, I can be saving money. :)

    I'll be sending thoughts to your friend Lena. TJ & Eric are always on my mind. Wishing them all lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mika! My friends need all the love and support they can get. Personally, this has been a heard year. WAAAAAY to much sickness, sadness, and worse going on. I don't like it. I want some HAPPY to explode all over the world for once. Ya know?

      Delete
    2. I totally agree, it's been like that with my friends and family too. Hopefully, since we've all been through it this year, next year will be fabulous.

      Delete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete