Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Did you know I wrote this?

This is just a little post about Sculpting Clay. A lesser known novel, and my first. WAY back when in 2010 (that year that had so many ups and downs), I published my very first NOVEL with Dreamspinner Press. January 28, 2010. It was the start of my published career. But as I have explained here and there and back again, I had to "cease to exist" under that name. So, sadly, Sculpting Clay sits by its lonesome on Dreamspinner without much traffic.

However, in recent months, I have grown more bold in letting people know I had started my author career before "Wade Kelly" came around. I have linked this first novel on my website bio >> HERE << and to my surprise, someone actually noticed it! For ease or future inquiring minds, I am listing it under "Other Publications."

What made me think about marketing this book again is that I have received several e-mails recently asking, "What else have I written," because the reader wanted to get his hands on MORE of my stuff. This is a tad shocking. And after I mentioned Sculpting Clay, one guy said he had already purchased it! WOW. Surreal. People are looking at my website. :D This makes me happy. He even asked about my picture on my bio page. 

I am GLAD people are paying attention and looking and "stalking" if you will. Stalking because you want more information about your favorite artist is something I understand. I nose-around the internet to find stuff about All TIme Low because I love their music! I want to read bios and see when they are on tour and where. So, I am adding a "Con Schedule". Does this make sense? That way I can keep it up to date to let readers know what conferences I plan to attend. Sometimes, these conferences get booked FAR in advance. If you want to come out and meet me, or get a book signed, then you will know where to find me. I am embracing the fact that I am becoming a public figure. Not that I am all that huge, but it is shocking and delightful to go places and people actually know who I am from my books. WOW. I am still reeling from Sue Brown telling me "it was delightful to meet one of her favorite authors" because she "loved my books." BLOWS MY MIND!

I made some adjustments to the web page :)

Anyhow… Back to the OTHER Publication. If you want something to read while you wait for Names Can Never Hurt Me to come out, please try my fun, slightly paranormal, romantic tale about a 46 year old man who finally finds his Prince Charming.



Blurb: 

When Taran Lorenz enters Clay Stevens's life, Clay is still reeling after his long-time partner, Javier, abruptly ended their relationship. Taran gives Clay the motivation to start living again, but Clay’s insanely jealous ex threatens to nip their relationship in the bud... only Taran won't give up, even when Javier gets their mutual employer, the manipulative billionaire Vincent Torres, to mark Taran for “removal.”

It's the start of a fight on three fronts: Javier confessing his continued love for Clay while he tries to run Taran off, Taran fighting to be loved and accepted for who he is—not what he is—after magically returning from the dead, and Clay trying to figure out how he got stuck in this fairy tale of monumental proportions and where he can find the happily-ever-after ending.

6 comments:

  1. Sculpting Clay has a 3.76 star rating on Goodreads. That's pretty darn good! I moved it up on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it enjoy it. It is lighthearted. Not at all like a "Wade Kelly Special". Life Crap changed my writing.

      Delete
  2. Yes I did. I had it on my wishlist for a while, and was FINALLY able to get it! Now off to read. =}

    ReplyDelete
  3. More to read! WOOHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete