I HAD to use that title. It cracks me up. Someone I know called me that. "The World's Most Illiterate Writer"... LOL. LMAO. ROFL, etc... I think I need to create a T-shirt that says that. I'd wear it!
So, anyway, I am officially a "Librarian" on Goodreads. What does that mean? IDK. Now, I guess I can mess with sh** and become a like a gremlin inside the system and screw with numbers and titles and stats. Muahahahaha! I could be the evil minion that adds an exclamation point to the end of every title on Goodreads! (Of course, now, of someone does that, they will automatically blame me.) I am joking, people. What I can do now is "refresh" the stats on my books. This is the only reason I requested the status. I don't know how to be a librarian. I wouldn't know if information on other books is correct or not. I only know my own stuff. I am only interested in correcting and listing and refreshing MY OWN STUFF. So, big brother, don't blame me if exclamation marks appear willy-nilly. I was just giving a silly example.
As far as being illiterate--I totally feel like I am sometimes. I WISH I learned this in high school! I didn't. I was all MATH and SCIENCE. Crap! English is hard! HARD I tell you!! I get really confused on the same sentence structures and I don't seem to learn the correct way to write them. I also use the wrong words. And no matter how many times I ask, I can't remember how to use a whole list of things.
Examples: (Because maybe a reader out there can comment and explain the differences.)
1. Past, and passed. Like, "I walked past the building." or "He passed by me." or "I passed the note."
As I read those, it is all supposed to be "passed" isn't it?
2. Affect vs effect... One reader gave me an example, "Your book 'affected' my psyche resulting in the ill 'effect' of a book hangover." ... but how would it work in this sentence? "I had never thought about how Corey’s presence
affected me." Is it used correctly there?
3. And here is the big one and it is not about words... When the heck do you use the period outside of a quote mark? As in title of blog. I didn't use punctuation on a porpoise. World's most illiterate writer is a "librarian". OR World's most illiterate writer is a "Librarian." Should that period (or full-stop) be inside the quotes nearly all the time, or ALL THE TIME?
See, I'm even bad at blogging. All I do is talk to myself and ask the millions of people in the world (25 of which read this blog) how to correct my mistakes. I have the Chicago Manual of Style as a reference, but that thing is honking big. I also own Elements of Style but frankly I forget to pick it up and use it! I am a lazy sob.
Ok, my list isn't very long. I guess I'm not that bad. Be patient with me. I'm learning. If only I could learn how to sting sentences together into a complex sentence instead of a hundred little short ones! HAHA. That would be an accomplishment.
So, yeah, I suck. But that isn't news for some of you.
I am writing regardless of my lack of talent. I have over 40k on Names Can Never Hurt Me. (NCNHM) This will probably be the WIP (Work In Progress) that I finish next because it is easier to write. Love, Trust, And Learning to Live Again is complicated and will take research. I AM WRITING IT!!! I am writing it this year! I hope to publish it, or at the very least submit it for publication this year! My goals are as follows:
1. Write NCNHM. I am about half way done!
2. Figure out the status of TCOL (The Cost of Loving.) It has two fates. publish with a publisher, OR self-publish. It is under review WITH a publisher now. It is written and pretty much the way I want it. I HOPE to hear something soon. I has been 11 days since I sent it. Once I hear back from them, I WILL tell you all!!! Promise. Pros and cons:
PRO with a Publisher is that all formats are available upon release. And more exposure. CON- Publication may not be soon, and could be later. (Because you know things take a while sometimes.) AND, I may have to use a different cover.
PRO with self-pub is that I can get it out there faster. AND, after TCOL is on the market, I will be all ready to follow it up with the release of the third book in the same style. I have that cover, I just need to finish writing it. (And send it to my editor.) CON- it will only be available in Kindle for the first 90 days. I am going to use Create Space on Amazon and there is a contract to sign. After that, I can go with Smashwords or All ROmance eBooks to publish ePub or pdf, or print books etc. Plus, ALL marketing is up to me and I am not great at that. I depend on readers for word-of mouth. :)
3. Once TCOL and NCNHM are off the table, I am dedicating all my time to finishing Darian's story. Love, Trust, and Learning to Live Again. Book #3 in the Unconditional Love series. This will take thought, and time, as I want it to be really really good!
After that, who knows? I have a couple ideas in mind to write. Possibly a sequel to "Jock"? I have written a few things down for that. I also have another book in mind about Matt's brother, Steven. (He's in TCOL.) And a book about "gender". I have actually been thinking about the "gender" book idea for a year or more but had no time to write it. It involves twins, and hopefully I can be unpredictable with material that CAN BE predictable. ?? IDK
So, my fine readers, Thoughts? Feelings? Input? Comments? Feel free to express yourselves!