Monday, March 16, 2015

Movie Mondays

Hello all.

In the interest of keeping on track with my PLAN I thought I'd talk a little about X-Men: Days of Futures Past, Evan Peters, and American Horror Story

No, Evan Peters is NOT the star of the latest X-Men. I am fond of Hugh Jackman :) as Wolverine


But when I went to see Days of Future Past I had no idea there would be such a great side-character in the film. I saw Evan Peters in American Horror Story and fell in love with his smile. I thought he was a great up and coming actor and I was very pleased to see him in this film. I think he plays that "whimsical" character perfectly with his sweet grin and dimples. But don't let it fool you, he can certainly pull off the "dark psychopath" as well. Good actors can run the gamut of emotion on screen and I think he does a great job in the varying roles he has played. I look forward to another season of American Horror Story.



X-Men has been one of my favorite series of films lately. I loved how they kept the theme going by going back in time with First Class and kept it going in Days of Future Past. And yes, (spoiler), I KNEW the would bring Jean back. Even predicting it, I still cried.

My favorite character that WASN'T a main guy was the "winged" X-Man Angel. Why, because I have always wanted to fly. That old question that gets bandied about "What super power would you want?" Well, I've always wanted to fly. I used to dream I had wings. So, I like the Angel guy and I wish he had a bigger part in the movie.


They introduced Sonic in First Class, but then his character disappeared. :( I thought the young ginger was cute. Plus, he flew!


The added bonus in both newer X-Men films was Nicholas Holt. I liked him from back in the SKINS days. (But let's face it, Mitch Hewer was the hottest guy on Skins!) Nick has great eyes!



Anyway… I just wanted to let you know that I am a huge fan of X-Men movies, and below is my favorite clip of Quicksilver -- Evan Peters :)


I'll come back on another Monday and talk more about movies or actors :)


To recap. The PLAN consists of:

1.    Silent Sundays. I might post about my pets or pictures of things I like, but generally Sundays will be quiet. And you always have Sundays With Sam-I-Am on 2 boys in Love to keep you busy reading :)

2.    Monday Movies. Are for talking about my favorite movies and actors and stuff. I don't watch loads of things anymore because I lack time, but I'm sure I can come up with something now and then.

3.    Tuesday teasers. I will post a review or an excerpt from one of my books. I don’t have all that many publications so I will have to get creative with that. Maybe I'll posts teasers of other people's books too. (I think ZAM does that!)

4.    What's up? Wednesdays. What's up with that? All because I can't plan things well, this leaves a day for no plan at all.

5.    Throwback Thursday. Re-postings of post from years ago for those who missed some.

6.    Friend Fridays. It is going to be back on!!! If you are interested in posting on a Friday, let me know. We start THIS Friday with new author Tyler Cook

7.    Saturday Songs. I'll post videos and talk about music that I like :)

Until next time, have a great day!  

~Wade Kelly

xoxxo



No comments:

Post a Comment