Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dumb Jock.

I'm kidding... Ellis is far from being a dumb jock. lol. But interesting titles often catch people's eyes when looking for a blog to read and as I am always looking for readers to add to the existing 20, I try hard to come up with catchy titles. ;p

So, this blog is about some recent reviews of My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! because we can't forget my most popular read. Jock has had 5X the success of WLINE (When Love is Not Enough). Jock is the crowd pleaser and the HEA everybody likes to read. Because of which I SHALL be writing more fun-loving tales of romance. Not everything has to be deep and angsty and intertwined with controversy etc... Goal this year: Write another humorous novel!

In the meantime, read Jock if you haven't or recommend it around. Below are the most recent review from Amazon.com You'll notice that one of them is someone who doesn't like it. I'm okay with that. People have different opinions. I write what I write and part of being successful is learning how to take the good with the bad. I WOULD LOVE to be a successful writer! I have read things over the years that I don't particularly enjoy, and apparently some readers of MY stories feel the same. I have a certain style of writing that comes out of ME and it is the way I think and talk and construct my sentences. Some readers don't like it. But, on the other hand, I'm not changing to fit into a mold or into what some may want. I am me. An acquired taste, if you will. I hope to improve my writing and improve my skills, but I hope always to retain my flare for emotion and controversy and quirk. I'm coining the phrase, "Doing it Wade Kelly style."

I'm still writing. Book 3 is difficult. It is a very complex story structure that I need to get correct. Being a 3rd book of a trilogy demands thought and consideration of each scene. I'm doing me best.

~Wade



5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant love story for modern timesMay 18, 2013

This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, this book made me believe in falling in love again. The characters had true emotions. Self pity, angst, fear, humor, and everything else. I found myself so in love with El and Cole! I never wanted this beautiful story to end. Some grammar errors made it tough to concentrate but I feel better about me and my shot at finding love!!!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Thank you for your feedback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about new relationshipsMay 11, 2013

This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
This book is very well written. I felt like I connected with the characters all the way through. The budding relationship and the challenges they faced are so true to life that I could really sympathize.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumb Nerd/Jock StoryMay 11, 2013

Could have been a very nice story but the main character "Cole" is so anal retentive that after 20 or 30 pages I disliked him - a lot!! I kept reading because I thought the story could have merit (despite the ugly title). The secondary characters acted more like silly 12 year olds than the young college men they were supposed to be. I won't be buying anymore of Kelly's books.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story - serious issues but elements of humourMay 2, 2013

This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book due to the story line and the way it addresses serious issues but with elements of humour.

Cole was annoying but endearing, Ellis was a thoughtful jock and their friends and family were an interesting mix. Mike was a bit of a surprise (can't say why as it's a spoiler!)perhaps his character was a bit over the top?

I loved the chapter headings and there were some humourous lines. But my favourite section was Rob's view on his friend's relationship. "I don't think sin is as black and white as people want it to be. I think sin comes in an array of colors, and one of them is so bright that it blinds us to our ability to love. And if I don't think I can love you just because you're gay, then Satan wins; because without love, the only color left is hate."
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully writtenApril 27, 2013

This story is one that makes a person really believe in love again. I loved the characters and the plot. I highly recommend reading and will look for more from this author.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

2 comments:

  1. Actually I thought Cole's OCD was what made him charming and funny. Hey there are people like that in the world. If we were all the same, how boring would the world be? We probably need more silliness in the world, just to keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete