Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Songs - Maroon 5

Hi, thanks for stopping by! I am taking some of my writing time to eat a cookie with my coffee and talk a little about another of my top 3 favorite bands: Maroon 5!



I thought about picking a song that also had meaning to fit with my current "happiness" trend, but I don;t think it fit. I think we are going to stick my two ideas together for a blog and not worry how they mesh. The song I chose is probably not one everyone would pick. I don;t think I've heard it on the radio, but in my car it is played ALL THE TIME! I love this song! Adam Levine is amazing and I love his voice. I've been a huge fan back with Songs About Jane in 2002. They totally had me and I was immediately looking for another album. They took forever, but it was worth the wait and HAS been worth it ever since. So if I want to think of myself in terms of Maroon 5, QUALITY not quantity is key. I wait, and they provide the best music ever! So, I just need to write GOOD books and not worry so much about how many, right? Easier said than done.



The video is only the lyrics. 
which are:
"Sad"

start of lyrics Man, it's been a long day
Stuck thinking 'bout it driving on the freeway
Wondering if I really tried everything I could
Not knowing if I should try a little harder

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The things that you needed to have
I'm so sad, saaad

Man, it's been a long night
Just sitting here, trying not to look back
Still looking at the road we never drove on
And wondering if the one I chose was the right one
Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The things that you needed to have
I'm so sad, saaad
I'm so sad, so sad

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The things that you needed to have
And I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad

I'm so sad, so sad end of lyrics


"So I'm scared to death, not knowing if I should have tried a little harder…." A condensed version of a line. I started "spreading happiness" a couple weeks back. I guess it is my way of combatting negativity. There are always people on Facebook cutting people down and being hatful. There are even people in my own "community" who can say hurtful things, so in spreading JOY, I am trying to remind people that they are special and wonderful and thought of. I started making a list of names so I could make sure I tagged people. I found that I RECOGNIZED over 300 names off my friends list. I have 2400+ "friends" on Facebook, but for me to know who over 300 ARE I thought was pretty amazing. I want my friends to know they are awesome! There are many people who support and love me and make ME feel special, that I wanted to send it back out there.

Then Ken Murphy started the "Pay it Forward" game where he asked for 5 names of people who wanted to play and send gifts and surprises in the mail to others. He sends to 5 people, those 5 send to 5 people, etc…. I got my five and I sent out card yesterday to say HELLO. I plan to send them things often throughout the year. I think it is not only nice, but fun. I know I LOVE getting random things in the mail and why wouldn't someone else? I have addresses of about 15 people I have met on Facebook through the years. I think it takes time and trust to start giving out addresses. Although, if you are on Facebook, and you want a surprise int he mail, message me (PM) and I'll consider adding you to the list. I can't promise to send things to EVERYONE all the time, but I promise to try. I will consider* adding you.

* I say consider, because if you are someone I have NEVER talked to or interacted with, and I don't recognize your name or icon, then I will be cautious. I need privacy too.

But sending and tagging people on Facebook has been fun. And there are people who say I tagged them on a day they really needed it.

It is Easter weekend, and so I'm gonna pull out a Bible verse:
"Better is open rebuke, than hidden love." ~ Proverbs 27:5

I don;t think we have enough LOVE out there. If you feel it, SAY IT! Even if it is a friendship love. We need to care for one another, so share the love! If you are thinking about someone, then TELL THEM!!!

I promise to try to remember that too!!!!


I don't typically post pictures of naked men (not really my style) but what about Adam Levine???

Oh my!! I will leave you with the picture below!! I LOVE Maroon 5. And I strive to spread love, not hate. Be there is nothing worse (relatively) than: Not knowing if I should try a little harder



4 comments:

  1. Wow Wade! Maroon 5 is in the top 3 of my favorite bands too. I love that pic of Adam, he is one very sexy guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we were sisters separated at birth??? LOL… We do seem to like a LOT of the same things.

      Delete
  2. The world can always use more love and happiness. have you seen the Maroon 5 video for Sugar? The band crashes wedding receptions and performs. The looks of surprise and happiness on the faces of the couple and the guests is awesome.

    Happy Easter, Wade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Sugar, but I will look it up on your recommendation! :)

      Delete