Thursday, January 17, 2013

A STRONG 4 Star book

Hello readers. Me again. When I have nothing NEW to talk about, I guess I need to revert to talking about what I know. My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! is selling well. :) This makes me happy. It is still #1 On Amazon. One FULL week! For those who have not read it yet, it seems to fall into the strong 4-star category. But, as with When Love is Not Enough, I tend to get a RANGE of reviews. But as of right now: 59/ 5-stars, 101/ 4-stars, 53/ 3-stars, 7/ 2-stars, & 8/ 1-star. See- wide range. But 4 is more than likely what you'll feel after reading it. I have lots of reviews on Goodreads, but I tend to forget that people review it on Amazon too! I peeked there today and here is what I found:


Had to post a screen shot! I like the flag that says "#1 Best Seller"!


5.0 out of 5 stars A Jock!?January 15, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
This is a fun story featuring a delightful and frustrating nerd and a getting-it-together jock who learn that communication is the key to happiness.Fun-filled surprises await the reader.


5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Knew People Like ThisJanuary 14, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. What really did it for me were the characters. Everyone should have a lover like Ellis. He was so sweet, but not perfect and made his share of mistakes. Sometimes when I read about college kids, authors make them seem wiser beyond their years. Wade just let them learn about friendship and love through their experiences. I found Ellis so endearing and romantic. Cole was the opposite. Surprisingly the concept of opposites attract works here.

Most of the book is from the POV of Cole. Cole's seriously concerned with his studies and it could be argued displays some of the stereotypical behavior of a nerd. His OCD was crazy, but funny. Throughout his life he's learned not to expect too much out of life or people. Ellis in many ways is the typical jock with the exception of also being dedicated to his studies, a virgin, and a romantic. Of course the situation of this coupling would result in some angst, but the humor was both the laugh out loud and knowing giggles kind.

Additional enjoyment came from the secondary characters. I loved Rob and Russell. They were hilarious. Everyone should have friends like them. As the main characters progress through the story line, the variety of characters and their enteraction with Cole and Ellis is striking. It made the storyline interesting and unpredictable.


5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!January 13, 2013
By 
PTR (Dallas, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
I was hesitant to buy this because I thought is would just be another "formula" type novel. I was wrong. The author's style made this a very enjoyable story about two people coming to grips with their own fears and problems in order to get together. A very enjoyable story.


5.0 out of 5 stars made me laugh for hoursJanuary 11, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
This book is so funny and well written,I was really impressed. I don't write reviews often, but felt i needed to. If you are looking for something light and fun that still has a serious side, read this. I loved ALL the characters, and the polt was really well done. He needs to write another book with these characters.


5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Worth the ReadJanuary 9, 2013
By 
Morpheus814 (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Kindle Edition)
Coming out is a difficult process. In this book, we have two college students who could not be more opposite. Cole is cynical and reserved. He is fastidious and demanding. Ellis is open and friendly. But, Ellis is having issues. He is having a hard time coming out and only has Cole to help him. With supportive friends and family around him, Ellis realizes that he can have his Cole. This book is not about the ending but the interaction of people in order to get to a predictable conclusion. Now, here's the part that makes it worth reading. Ellis' friends, Rob and Russ, are devoutly religious and love Cole so much that they stand beside him throughout the process. There are parts that seem a little trite but they help to fill out the characters. The characters all have flaws and no one is perfect. But, the love and support of nearly everyone is enough to make you heart expand. As mentioned, contemporary social issues and some politics make their presence in this book but they are not onerous nor are they judgmental. The book puts these issues in to make the point that there are things in life that are unavoidable and there are ways to handle those issues. A gay bashing can be used to bring people together or tear them apart. Sex can be used to bring people together or tear them apart. I especially loved the part when Cole was trying to explain to Ellis that everyone has a role to play in intimate circumstance. When we play a part in the bedroom that is not the role we were meant to play, things get messy. Read the book and you will understand what I am talking about.
Going back to Rob and Russ for a second. These characters are really a couple of characters. They will have you in stitches and you cannot help but to adore them. I really did love this book, even barring the issues that it has. Some of the contemporary social issues could have been expounded upon a little deeper. The antagonist could have had a little more depth and explanation. He seemed to have been thrown in as an after thought. But, all in all it was was worth the money and I intend on reading it again in the future.


There are more reviews, 10 so far, and I am grateful for all the readers who took the time to post a review. And to those who posted in several places, THANK YOU! I know it is a pain to log in everywhere just to post the same comments. But not everyone is ON Goodreads. Ya know? I appreciate my readers telling the great wide world what they thought of my book. Even the people who hate it. You heard me! I learn from bad reviews, as well as good ones. Of course, ALL AUTHORS want good reviews. I'm a praise junkie. I LOVE to hear how much you liked my book. But to be fair, there are going to be people who hate what I write. Constructive criticism will help me know what doesn't work. Will I change the way I write the next one based on your 1-star review of my book? Um, maybe. You don't know. I'd rather have honest thoughts. If you read it (any book of mine) and love it, AWESOME! But if you hate it, that's okay too. Not every book is for every person. I'm learning as I go!

TTFN!
Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment