Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The PEOPLE'S CHOICE is never "gay".

Have you noticed that the people's choice awards are always the titles that can be found at Walmart or Target or somewhere all Random House books can be sold. I NEVER see LGBT titles on those shelves. NEVER. I had this discussion before back when I ranted about 50 Shades of Grey on the bookshelves where it is so easily accessible to underage kids to peek into etc… That is fine, but a LGBT title like Something Like Summer will not get sold there. (This is my example from my prior blog.) So anyway…

THE PEOPLE'S CHOISE AWARDS ON GOODREADS… Who would you REALLY like to see? We can vote just like everyone else and the "write in" line below the covers can be used to support YOUR favorite LGBT authors and/ or books! Write in matter! I do remember one year when Hot Head by Damon Suede actually made it to the final round of votes! That seemed like a milestone!

So who do I vote for? Who would YOU vote for?

This is the link to the Goodreads awards page: HERE.

Personally, I voted for My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! for BEST HUMOR. You can too :+)

Best FICTION… Into This River I Drown by TJ Klune

Best FANTASY… Stealing the Wind by Shira Anthony

Best HORROR… Zombie Boyz by TJ Klune, Eric Arvin etc…

Best ROMANCE… Well it has to be The Cost of Loving… lol… :p

Best YOUNG ADULT FICTION … Omorphi by C. Kennedy

Best Debut Author: Michael Chulsky for The Descending Darkness

There are other categories. Sadly I'm not sure which ones fit those to vote for. LET ME KNOW. Tell me who you recommend. Leave comments. But most of all, go vote! This is election day. Some of these LGBT titles are just as good as the mainstream, yet get over looked all to easily. Make noise people! VOTE.

That is all.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Bought two of these books based on all the hype! Thanks!
    Now I am 4 or 5 books behind in reading!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's hype? :p LOL I just think that generally LGBT titles get over looked and underrated. So I'm throwing some titles out there to vote for :) I hope you like which ever ones you bought. Get reading!

      Delete