Monday, June 9, 2014

JOCK in GERMAN is not "Schotte"

My post yesterday on Facebook made a few people laugh. LOL…. I found out yesterday that My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! is finished being translated and is in the formatting stage. The release date for this new edition is June 17th. I wrote on Face book, "Nicht das Release-Datum jeder wartet, aber COOL nicht weniger. Mein Mitbewohner ist ein Schotte? Nun, Mist! Veröffentlichungen in deutscher Sprache auf 17. Juni 2014! Deutsch sprechen, das Wort zu verbreiten!" I used Google Translate to translate "Not the release date everyone is waiting for, but COOL none the less. My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! releases in GERMAN on June 17, 2014! German speakers, spread the word! " but it got too many laughs. Apparently JOCK is not really translatable and Google came up with "Schotte". Ellis is not a Scot. hahaha. I learned. I asked a couple German friends, but ultimately the title Dreamspinner wrote is what I need to use.

Mein Mitbewohner ist Sportler? Oh, Schei..!



Es ist leicht, zynisch zu werden, wenn alles im Leben schiefläuft.

Cole Reid ist seit seinem fünfzehnten Lebensjahr Außenseiter, nachdem er unbeabsichtigt von seinem Mittelstufen-Baseballteam geoutet wurde. Seitdem haben seine obsessiven Zwänge und seine sarkastische Art die meisten Menschen auf Abstand gehalten, außerdem hasst ihn jeder, weil er schwul ist. Seiner Ansicht nach ist er dazu verdammt, jeden potentiellen Freund automatisch zu vergraulen, platonisch oder romantisch, wieso sollte er sich also bemühen?

Als er zu studieren beginnt, entwickelt er sich endgültig zum pedantischen Einzelgänger—kein Problem, zumindest bis sein vertrauter Mitbewohner auszieht und ihm Ellis Montgomery zugeteilt wird. Ellis ist unordentlich, hübsch, hetero, und zu allem Überfluss Sportler!

Während eines Semesters voller Verbindungskumpels, Campingausflügen und überengagierten Eltern, entwickeln Ellis und Cole eine Freundschaft, die Coles pessimistische Weltsicht auf den Kopf stellt. Ellis muss mehr sein als ein amüsierwütiger Sportler—und vielleicht kann Coles wiedererwachende Libido seine Hoffnung auf mehr als Kameradschaft in die Realität umsetzen.
ISBN-13 978-1-63216-321-9
Pages 316

It is up for pre-order on Dreamspinner. <HERE>

The title I am waiting on is Names Can Never Hurt Me for a release date. I thought I'd have the galley proof by now, but I do not. :( bummer.

I tallied up last week's progress and I wrote 9884 words. This is amazing for me! If I could do that every week I would get somewhere. I hope to do that again this week, but without all the "deleting" I did. THEN I would get ahead.

Other news…. I have a special guest post by none other than J. P. Barnaby on Wednesday June 11th, so please stop by and comment and say hi to her :D

That is all for now, peeps.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! I use Google Translate to talk to a friend in Germany. Sometimes the results are, well, not good :-(

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete