Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday Songs - Evanescence

In the interest of talking about myself and NOT having it all be about marketing etc. (Something I learned on my trip to Orlando) I am going to talk about ANOTHER one of my favorite bands: EVANESCENCE.

I love Evanescence! (Do you remember the top three bands I love?)

I've been listening to Evanescence for years… YEARS!!! Probably from the beginning, but I'm not sure. I know when I was introduced to them by a friend, they only had one album, maybe three. Yes, I think that Anywhere But Home was out too, as well as Origin, but I was latched onto Fallen and listened to it over and over.

The video below is one of my favorite songs ever. I feel like it was written about me! LOL Called Imaginary.



I think Amy Lee has one of the most amazing female voices ever! Plus, she is extremely talented as a pianist. (see the next video and pay attention to her playing!!! wow)




"Imaginary"

start of lyrics (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, paper flowers) [X2]

I linger in the doorway
Of alarm clock screaming
Monsters calling my name
Let me stay
Where the wind will whisper to me
Where the raindrops, as they’re falling, tell a story

[Chorus:]
In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby (flowers)
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me (flowers)

Don’t say I’m out of touch
With this rampant chaos - your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare I built my own world to escape

[Chorus]

Swallowed up in the sound of my screaming
Cannot cease for the fear of silent nights
Oh, how I long for the deep sleep dreaming
The goddess of imaginary light

[Chorus]

(Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, paper flowers) [X2] end of lyrics



Amy Lee… :)




I guess that is all I have to say for now. Tune in next Saturday to hear me talk about more music! :)

I have recurring themes everyday! (As long as I remember to share them!)

Silent Sundays - I'm posting about my pets :)
Movie Mondays
Tuesday Teasers
What's Up Wednesdays
Throwback Thursdays
Friend Fridays
Song Saturdays

Hugs to you all!!




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE EVANESCENCE TOO!!!! I've listened to them for a loooong time. Isn't it funny how not very many people know who they are?
    Have a great one, hugs hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS BACK, Monika!! <3 I'm glass we like the same music! That means you have good taste! :)

    ReplyDelete