Thursday, March 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Weightless from 2013

I am blogging in 2015 (flowing my PLAN) and for THURSDAYS I thought I would do a run of "throwbacks" so see where I was years ago and compare it to now. I will comment on the post from January 2013( below) in red.

This is what I wrote:

I’m blogging again. (sounds like me) I can’t help it. I’m excited, and happy, and anxious, and nervous. I blog to get my thoughts out. My Roommate’s a Jock? Well, Crap! is selling well which is VERY exciting indeed. JOCK is my best seller, which is WHY I'm writing the sequel!

AS OF 5:21 am on 1/4/13, Jock is still # 4 on Dreamspinner’s Best sellers http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/products_bestsellers.php  (Links don't take you back in time, only to where the listing was.)

And #24 on Amazon’s best seller list of gay fiction! It was 14, but hey, whatever! It’s still up there. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/10169/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_2_5_last (It DID make it to #1 for 19 days!)

AND, as was brought to my attention yesterday by “It's Bubbles, Hunty”, Jock is also at the top of the chart on All Romance eBooks “Best Selling Gay eBooks”. It is sitting at #2 right yet another day! http://www.allromanceebooks.com/category145.html (In a comment on this post, someone told me it had gotten to #1)

I was reminded of the feeling I have right now when I turned on iTunes and “Weightless” by All Time Low came on. I wrote a note on FB about my new fascination with this band, but lots of you on GR aren’t on FB. So, I’m bring it up again here because it fits my mood, and what I’ve been feeling lately. (I still swear this song in my theme song! LOVE IT.)

Lyrics go:

“Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread

I wanna be laughed at
Laughed with, just because

I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough”

Oh My Gosh! So true. (for me anyway) I know I will write other books. I KNOW I will write better books than “Jock”, but for now—I feel weightless! I’m a screwed up mess of a person sometimes, but in this moment I feel awesome!  (*and we wonder where Darian comes from?)

Because much of LAST year I felt like more of the lyrics as I struggled with TCOL forever and got nowhere fast:

“But I'm stuck in this fucking rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up
And I'm over, getting older

If I could just find the time
Then I would never let another day go by
I'm over, getting old

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here.”

SO HELLO 2013! (HELLO 2015!) It’s a new year full of who knows what ahead. But I don’t want to waste another minute doing nothing! I have goals. I want to keep them. #1 is to write or edit everyday. If I skip a day (like Wednesday) then come back strong and make up for lost time. Even if I only do a little each day, writing keeps my head focused on my passion! I don’t want to lose my drive. I love writing. And writing definitely has an effect on my moods and stress level. I NEED writing, like I need air! (still true)

So do a writer a favor:

“Make believe that I impress
That every word
By design
Turns a head

I wanna feel reckless
I wanna live it up, just because

I wanna feel weightless
Cause that would be enough

If I could just find the time
Then I would never let another day go by
I'm over, getting old”

And by “old” lets just say “Old hat” or “forgotten”. I don’t want to drag out my life’s ambition (writing) until what I write has no impact at all and I’m forgotten. I want to take hold of my time—NOW!

“Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here

This could be all that I've waited for
(I've waited, I've waited for)
And this could be everything
I don't wanna dream anymore

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I've been going crazy
I'm stuck in here

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year (it's gonna be my year)
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere (go nowhere)
And this is my reaction
To everything I fear (everything I fear)
Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here.”

Sorry. Indulge me. I like that song. I feel like that song sometimes. Not with music, but with regard to writing. Right now I feel weightless because one little Romantic “Jock” comedy is doing really well. MAYBE, MAYBE, next time the same thing will happen but with TCOL… lol… My angsty, coming-out type drama about what happens AFTER Matt’s best friend dies and he’s left sleeping with Jamie's ex, Darian, and everything that ensues when he out’s himself at church! Lol, good times! Which is why I wrote Jock, remember? Angst was too much to take that long. I needed a break, so I wrote something funny for myself ;)

So… resolutions… Do you have any? MINE are:

#1 write every day  (includes editing) (I'm still trying to achieve this and 2015 has gotten the closest)
#2 Publish The Cost of Loving Done
#3 finish writing Names Can Never Hurt Me Done
#4 Write Darian’s story. This one has a long title. Love, Trust, and Learning to Live Again. I’m shortening it to LTLTA when I list it in blogs to come. I can’t wait to reveal the cover for this one. It is perfect!! Best cover ever! (Not done. eek. I do have the cover and I really want to use it!)
#5 Come up with a story for the sequel to jock. I have a title on my website. That may or may not stick, but I haven’t come up with a story yet. I’ll keep you posted! (I changed the title. It's now: No! Jocks Don't Date Guys. I am 68% done. I like my characters and I hope you all do too!)

I’m flying high. Feeling Weightless. Enjoying my two minutes of fame. I’ll come back down tomorrow. (I still feel weightless at times, especially when I read a really awesome review.)

~Wade

A commentator wrote: “…the excitement over getting my hands on some of Wade Kelly’s words!”  … DUDE! This is me flying higher. Hooked on MY words? Wow! (I can never hear that enough)

And don’t forget to read the review on Mrs. Condit Reads!

COPYRIGHT: I don’t own rights to “Weightless”. I copied them off of Lyrics A-Z

So that is all for this THURSDAY. Come back next week and see how things have changed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment