Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Submission ACCEPTED!

Can I get a "WOOT WOOT!" from the crowd? Yeah! baby. Finally!

But before those of you who have been crossing your fingers for the sequel to WLINE get your hopes up, the acceptance wasn't for TCOL. Sorry. My manuscript for My Roommate's A Jock? Well, Crap! was accepted and will come out with Dreamspinner Press around december. This is the comedy one I was working on February-April. I am excited. This is a fun story and I think it will go over well with people.

YES, I KNOW, I shouldn't have to give into the accepted popular HEA story and I didn't intend to when I wrote it. Really! I was just having fun! (ANd they said it showed.) So, I am going to work on projects for this one! I have an idea for a line of geeky science-related t-shirts that would fit perfect with the book and I'm going to look into getting a graphic done and maybe working through Cafe Press. I want to market this book better.

Side note: I HAVE and sequel in mind but it is not written. All I really did was take notes. There is a learning curve in writing that I am taking the hard way to realize. So, I am not writing the sequel unless MRJWC is a smash hit! (Or unless I hear the characters yacking in my head and I have to get them out of there!) I do have self-pub as an option for all the sequels that publishers just dismiss. But we will take it one book at a time.

So yeah, I signed a contract! YAY! Really thrilled about that! I spent yesterday texting people personally to let them know, but it got sort of depressing when there were only 6 people and add one two more via e-mail. Sad how very little friends I have. :( *sighs*    But enough of that! I'm going to be published again!! *happy dance* I'm not sure what to say about this one that hasn't been said before. On my website I list the description as:
It’s easy to become cynical when life never goes your way.

Cole Reid, a college senior, has been a social recluse since the age of fifteen. His obsessive/compulsive behavior, and controlling, sarcastic nature have driven half the population away, where as the other half of humanity hates him because he’s gay. As he sees it, he’s bound to drive any prospective friend away, let alone find a boyfriend, so why bother?

After Cole’s roommate of three years graduates, the housing department assigns Ellis Montgomery to his campus apartment. Ellis’ presence is problematic at best. He’s messy for one thing, but he’s also gorgeous, straight, and represents everything Cole has tried to avoid since the tenth grade—he’s a jock!

Amid the chaos of frat buddies, camping expeditions, and meddling parents, Cole and Ellis develop a fast and firm friendship that goes against Cole’s glass-half-empty attitude. Is there more brewing below the surface of Ellis’ amazing blue eyes, or is it simply Cole’s reawakened libido that drives him to look past the fact that his roommate’s a jock and see there’s way more between them than camaraderie? 



if any of you think this is not all that appealing as a lure to read it, tell me what you think. I'm a novice. I do loads wrong. Probably asking reader's opinions is wrong to some, but oh well. Readers are the ones who READ and I need readers! I want to make readers happy! I'll find out when I can post an excerpt and see how much I can reveal ahead of time. 


I'll be honest with you, some of you MAY need tissues. (It is MY writing we are talking about here.) But for the most part it is comedy, not tragedy. You will like Cole and Ellis!!!


All for now.
Catch ya laterz,


Wade

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm looking forward to this. :) I like the blurb, it's very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the submission! Looking forward to reading it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thank you! Glad you are looking forward to it! I am plugging away at writing another novel. I'm trying. If only they published them as fast as I could write them!

    ReplyDelete